Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The apocalypse is upon us. This is it. This is the end of Minecraft as we know it. Microsoft has- I can't even bring myself to say it. They've, they've-bought Minecraft.

                              

I have no words. Actually, I have a lot. Most of them just can't be written on this website to keep it kid friendly.

But seriously- I CANT BELIEVE THIS! How could this happen?! Notch, you've betrayed us! The entire company of Mojang was sold to Microsoft for a total of 2.5 billion dollars. According to them, the reason that they sold the company was because, quite frankly, Notch couldn't handle it. He was overwhelmed by the major responsibility of owning Minecraft, and he has been looking to sell it for quite some time now. They claim they have partnered with Microsoft since 2012 and that they have a great dedication to the game, and they hope they can give it the improvement it deserves. Honestly though, I don't know a ton of ways they could improve on it. I certainly don't want them changing the entire game, but with a company as big as Microsoft I don't think we can avoid it.

                                   

Whether we like it or not, Minecraft is officially in ownership of Microsoft. If Mojang seems so confident in them, maybe they won't completely mess up the game. But still, I have always like that Mojang was a small company owned by just a few people, and was more concerned with the gaming community than money. Maybe 1.8 was the last update we will ever use again. Maybe Microsoft will redeem itself (because after Windows 8 they really need a win). No one knows, but I hope Microsoft will respect the integrity of Minecraft. Even still, something tells me that the PlayStation and Mac versions of Minecraft might not be seeing an update any time soon. Until next time, the is Fencer6, sadly signing off.

Click here to view this post on Fear the Games, my gaming website, where it was originally uploaded. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment